Vote here for the most unusual strategy to WIN on the 4th of July. If anyone has comments or thoughts on the strategy, kindly mention them below!
Leah contacted me with a thoughtful idea for her mother’s 50th birthday. She wanted to arrange a surprise photo shoot with her sister, dad and grandparents in Frank Sinatra Park, Hoboken. Her mother was ecstatic when she received the thoughtful card including Leah’s gift. We met Sunday morning and took so many amazing pictures of the family. Here are a few of my favorites.
1. He’s extra helpful.
If your guy shows a sudden interest in doing dishes or picking out sheets at Bed, Bath & Beyond, he may be trying to prove he’s husband material. “Before he pops the question, he’ll subconsciously seek out ways to show off his domestic side,” says Tamsen Fadal, co-author of Why Hasn’t He Proposed? “He wants to make sure you see him as a partner who pulls his weight.”
Even though you have a career of your own and can take care of yourself, most men still want to be on solid financial footing (good job, decent salary, clear credit) before getting engaged. “It’s instinctual for men to want to provide for their partner,” says Les Parrott, PhD, clinical psychologist and author of Crazy Good Sex. “So they’ll frequently point out their ability to do so in the weeks leading up to an engagement.” That means he may brag a little about an accomplishment at work or casually hint that he’s receiving a larger than usual bonus
Think back to the past few weeks. Has your guy been unusually attentive? Maybe he’s brought you just-because flowers or taken you out on elaborate dates. “He’s pulling out all the stops to make sure that when the time comes, you say yes,” explains Fadal. Yeah, it’s a tad sneaky, but he’s also making those gestures because he’s genuinely excited about the possibility of marrying you. “Planning a proposal reignites that new love buzz for a lot of men,” says Parrott.
When it comes to the actual will-you-marry-me moment, most guys want it to be as personal and meaningful as possible. That may require digging up some little-known facts about you. If your boyfriend has been asking random questions about things like your favorite flower or a childhood memory, he may be gathering info that will help him plan the perfect proposal. “Not only does he want it to be special for you, but he knows all of your friends will ask, ‘How did he do it?’, and he wants you to have an amazing story to tell,” says Parrott.
On the big day, you can bet your guy will be ridiculously nervous. “Even if he’s certain you’ll say yes, he’s still anxious about whether or not he’ll be able to pull off whatever it is that he has planned,” says Parrott. If he’s typically laid-back but freaks out about being on time to dinner, or he’s borderline aggressive when he insists you order the chocolate cake for dessert, it’s possible he’s got something sparkly up his sleeve … or least in a little box in his pocket.
Griffin, Christie. “5 Signs He’s about to Propose.”Cosmopolitan Jun. 2009: <http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/relationship-advice/signs-he-will-propose?link=rel&dom=yah_life&src=syn&con=blog_cosmo&mag=cos>.
ADDITIONAL signs he is going to propose. Written by Natalie Licini
6. You meet his entire family: If you havent already met his family, WHEN you finally do, its an indication things are getting very serious. If he arranges for you to meet out of town family and friends your relationship is heading in the right direction.
7. He talks about other friends getting engaged or married more often. Some men easily talk about friends/family getting engaged. Other men dont bring up this topic because they dont want to discuss it. If you notice he openly talks about people settling down, its an indication he is getting comfortable and possibly considering that NEXT STEP with you.
8. He includes you when decorating his home/apartment and asks your advice, often buying the recommendations you offer. This could be an indication that he trusts your taste and wants you to be comfortable in your “future” home with him.
9. He randomly walks you past a jewelry store and inside to gather information about your tastes and ring size. He may even ask a friend or family member for advice on your tastes and preferred ring shape and design.
10. His spending habits contract suddenly. Instead of planning your next vacation, he opts not to vacation or chooses a shorter, more affordable destination because he is SAVING for a ring.
There are many signs your boyfriend is going to propose. I hope when he does, you have a lifetime of happiness with your love!